- [Frameless] – New option for displaying an image; Frameless, like thumbnail, respects the user preferences for image width but without border and no right float. [[Image: Example.jpg|frameless]]
- [Watch this page] – When changing the access level of page sysops have now also a box to put that page directly on your watchlist.
- [New pages] – [[Special:Newpages]] now has option to display new pages from all namespace; not only from the main namespace.
- [Block email] – When blocking a user or an IP, sysops now have option to also block the user or IP to send email using [[Special:Emailuser]]. String to localize; [[MediaWiki:Ipbemailban]]
Request for help
- [Translate] – Help with translations for the board elections, has been requested.
- [Elections] – Candidates are been called for the election of to the Wikimedia Foundation’s Board of Trustees. At least three positions will be filled from this election, with the elected members serving a two year term. Candidates have until 2007-06-23 23:59:59 UTC to become a candidate. Voting is expected to start on 2007-06-28. Wikizine will publish presentations of the candidates for so far the are interested in extra editons.
- [Update data policy] – The board approved a new version of the “Access to nonpublic data policy”. In this version it is not longer explicit necessary to provide proof of being at least 18 years old but it remains possible that it will be asked. People working on the emails send to the projects (OTRS) are not longer included in this policy but fall now under non specific instructions of the WMF office staff.
- [The Wikinews Bulletin] – Following the success of EN Wikipedia’s SignPost, New Wikinewise Daniel Bryant, establishes a EN Wikinews community newspaper that will appear every two weeks on Monday.
- [Deleted] – The last image of Spanish Wikipedia has been erased, so it uses images from Commons only.
- [Mirror] – Wikinews has a problem. It is writing news articles but an important channel for readers of news to find it, Google News, exclude it. This because of the wiki way of making the articles. A user on EN Wikinews has made a mirror of the articles of the EN Wikinews so that Google News can present that version to the readers of there service.
- [Privacy] – Privacy International, a nonprofit organization, reports Wikipedia being among best sites regarding privacy, but needing improvement.
- [Holland Open] – Anthere gave the keynote speech in the Netherlands at the Holland Open Software Conference. One of things Anthere said was that the WMF wants to improve the software so that the visual impaired have better access to the content.
- [Global Stats] – There are no real visitor logs of the WMF websites to calculated the number of visitors. But there is sampling of the visitors traffic. Brion has made extrapolations from those to make global total page view estimates. Brion comes out at seven thousand million (7,008,306,975) for the number of monthly page views for all WMF wikis. That does not mean that there seven thousand million visitors monthly. How many unique visitors there are is not clear. But the ceiling number is known; there are one thousand million (1,133,408,294) internet users.
- [EN Wiktionary] – The English language Wiktionary got its 400,000th entry.
- [pi.wp] – The Pali Wikipedia has reached 1,000 articles. The is not bad considering that Pali is a dead language.
- [Carbon neutral?] – On Foundation-l the topic was raised to consider by the Wikimedia community to reduce the environmental footprint of the Wikimedia projects. This by attempting to work environmental friendly and possibly to look for ways to invest in green projects to compensate the environmental impact of the projects.
- [Citizendium] – Some technical news about it. Including the report that Citizendium had in April about 100,000 unique visitors. That is nothing compared with Wikipedia but it is no fair to compare it with Wikipedia.
- [Wikitravel] – The English language edition of Wikitravel has won the “Webby Award 2007” for best travel website. Wikitravel is not a Wikimedia Foundation project.
Did you know …
[[w:en:user:Gmaxwell]] has created such a player on the toolserver. A link to play the media in that player can be added to the audio and video templates. It is not as good as like on YourTube but is a big improvement. Look at the source of the templates to find out how to use it.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition
“A woman wearing clothes is like a man in the kitchen.” — Rule 4
“Satisfaction is not guaranteed.” — Rule 19
“Treat people in your debt like family… exploit them.” – Rule 111
Number of subscribers: 661 , Unique Visitors website last week: 293 , Editor(s): Walter, Brian, Ivan Lanin , Contact: reply or http://report.wikizine.org , Website: http://www.wikizine.org , Wikizine.org makes no guarantee of accuracy, validity and especially but not limited to,
correct grammar and spelling. Wikizine.org is published by [[meta:user:Walter]], and is not a publication of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikizine is a weekly publication as long as there is noteworthy news (and time) Content is available under the GNU Free Documentation License. http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html