The wikis are down! Wikis are up!
This post will be updated with news when there is news. Walter Friday 18 August 2006 – 17:53 UTC
- router problem – some parts of the world can see it, some can’t. Estimated uptime: Don’t ask – update 17:58 UTC
- Hosting company fucked up – 18:00 UTC
- (20:25:52) twincest: uh, it looks like this problem might be quite serious, so don’t expect an ETA any time soon 18:30UTC
- (20:27:16) brion Cogent ate our IP space in Florida, heads to roll
- Kyle is manhandling the hosting company right now. The hosting company is manhandling Cogent. – 18:43 UTC
- Cogent cogent deleted ip block of wikimedia. They received an apparently improper DMCA takedown notice and deleted the ipblock of wikimedia. No ipadress = no website – 18:56UTC The ip-addresses Wikimedia was using where owned by Cogent. The where leased to the ISP of Wikimedia.
- 18:50 brion: we’ve been assigned new ip space, people are trying to figure out how to attach stuff to it
- 19:47 brion: new ips are being worked on now…
- All wikis seems to be up again – in read only mode!
- 19:59UTC – Wiki up. Service restored, write access enabled
Posting from Brion about this on Wikitech-l;
Article from EN Wikinews;